Monday, May 18, 2009

Invasion of privacy! VIP post!

Someone wanted "sweets" from me and so I decided to give him some "sweets"!
Hi my name is Nonnahs Genk. I am 91 years old, and I study in ITNI college.

Nelav Het is a guy I met in high school many years ago. Its someone I've seen off and on again, but I've never had the opportunity to talk to. Besides, he was related to one of my ex-classmates and that was basically the only thing I knew about him.

Unlike his noisy peers, he looked like a very quiet, resilient, shy and anti-social kind of guy. And one thing I distinctly noticed about him, was that he was as thin as a sewing needle. He looked so fragile, that one might be afraid that when the wind blew, he might actually fly far, far away like in the Disney Mary Poppins movie, starring Julia Andrews.

Nevertheless, I never knew his name, nor anything much about him. However one fine night, when my mum came home, she suddenly threw me a question and go, "Nonnahs, one of your dad's friend's son is studying in Aihtel (my ex- high school.) His name is Nelav, and he is a year older than you!".

I on the other hand, feeling unperturb at the very least went "Nope" without thinking twice. I thought she was probably referring to the guy who was two years older than me and had almost the same sounding name as Nelav (I figured she'd probably mixed their names up!)

And that was the end of that. It wasn't until I accidentally met his mum during a bowling session, that his mum mentioned my classmate, and thus, I knew who he was. (Initially, everytime I see both him and his cousin (my classmate) going back, I always assume that they were siblings.

Somehow he managed to add me on msn, and we chatted a little bit here and there, sometimes. I admit we did not hit right off and barely had any interest in one another. Our friendship grew, when we first started college together in Itni. Nelav took a year off. He offered to fetch me to college on Wednesdays during the first sem, and we usually had very odd but open conversations. We crapped a lot and I found out that Nelav was actually very friendly and easy to talk to and the best thing about him is that he will never simply judge you on what you say. That was really what I really liked best about him.

Furthermore he was really sweet. I remembered going out and watching a lot of movies with him. Our first movie together was Maid of Honor. I was dropping subtle hints about wanting to watch the movie, but had no one to talk to. And finally he asked me to watch it. Gradually, we watched more and more movies, and thus our friendship flourished.

What happened next, will remain a mystery to you guys,. But it will remain a private history to us!

Here are your sweets!

No comments: